· We recommend a racecourse tour and/or a snorkeling trip
to Buck Island prior to the event.
Contact the Concierge at the Bucanneer to reserve a spot;
space is limited.
Box lunches are available for purchase and must be ordered 24 hours in advance. Forms with prices can be obtained from the front desk or concierge.
see the concierge to sign up for a shuttle to town on Friday and
Saturday. These will be a busy days and sign up is recommended.
Saturday, October 12, 2013:
· Newcomers ~ Open Water Clinic: 8 - 9 AM at the Brass Parrot Meeting Room at The Buccaneer.
The clinic will be hosted by Olympian, Misty Hyman and Open Water Guru, Alex Kostich, and should last just over an hour. To sign up for the clinic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by calling 340-712-2100 and asking for Joycelyn Sutton.
· Check-in/Race Preview: 2-4 PM at the Terrace Lounge at The Buccaneer.
Swimmers MUST check in during this time for both the Two and Five mile swims. Swimmers will pick up their race booklet, race goodie bag, and ChampionChip timing equipment.
· Course Preview/Race Talk:
All swimmers must attend one of the course previews, race talks. Talks will begin promptly at 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, 4:00, and 4:30 PM. Please plan on attending at the beginning of one of these sessions.
· Cocktail Party: 5-6 PM @ The Sugar Mill of The Buccaneer.
Meet fellow racers as well as previous Olympians as you listen to the sounds of the Steel Pans overlooking the beautiful Caribbean Seas.
· Special Swim Race dinner menu (with special prices) at the Terrace Restaurant of The Buccaneer.
Reservations are recommended and can be made by contacting the concierge at The Buccaneer,
Sunday, October 13, 2013:
· Five Mile Swimmers -- Race Marking: 6:00 AM taxis leave The Buccaneer to head to Green Cay for Marking.
FIVE MILE SWIMMERS ONLY!! Make sure to bring your ChampionChip and band as well as your goggles and anything else you might need before the race starts. Don't forget your Taxi ticket! Swimmers arriving at Green Cay on their own must be there at 6:15 AM.
Bring a bag, if you wish, (no plastic please!) for items you will leave
behind on the boat. The bags will be dropped at the entrance to the Mermaid Restaurant.
· Five Mile Race Start from Buck Island: 7:30 AM
· Two Milers meet on The Mermaid Beach for Race Marking -- 7:45 AM:
Bring your ChampionChip and band as well as your goggles!! Be on time so you don’t miss the race. Taxi’s will leave the Mermaid Restaurant to take swimmers to Pull Point for the start.
· Two mile race begins from Pull Point at approx. 8:15 a.m.
· One Mile Swimmers meet for Race Marking -- 8:45 @ The Mermaid Restaurant:
Bring your ChampionChip and band as well as your goggles! Be on time so you don’t miss the race. Taxi’s will leave the Mermaid Restaurant to swimmers to Shoys Beach for the start.
· Swimmers begin finishing the races: 9 AM
Family and Friends gather at the Mermaid to cheer swimmers through the finish line as they listen to Caribbean sounds. The Mermaid Bar will be open for drinks.
· One Mile Race begins from Shoys Beach at approx. 9:15 a.m.
· Awards Lunch Begins at The Terrace: 11:45 AM
Remember to bring your lunch tickets!
· Awards Ceremony Begins: 12:45 PM
Thank you to our St. Croix Coral Reef Swim Volunteers and Sponsors:
The Buccaneer, Nelthropp and Low Diamond and Fine Jewelers,
Caribbean Sea Adventures, Cruzan Rum, St. Croix Yacht Club, Bellows International, Hovensa LLC